Thursday, October 17, 2013

Blog Action Day

Blog Action Day 
Human Rights
Blogging Challenge 5


At this link; http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/index.shtml#atop, it is the United Nations website page. I learned many things that I did not know. I started reading, and I was interested in two particular ones; article five as well as article thirteen. Article five basically states that no one is allowed to be tortured. Now, my question is why is it still happening? I see it as we are one world, we won't be here for much longer, do you really want your future generations knowing that you were someone breaking a legal human right, and hurting someone? Now, number thirteen says something a little like this: you have the right to leave your country and come back whenever you want.  What's happening is Cuba? I feel that more people should take this document into consideration.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings Olyvia.
    Your blog post inspired me to check out the web site. I was drawn to Article 19: Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression.

    I have the opinion that just because you have the right to say what you want doesn't always mean you should. It is important to remember that having freedom to do something means that we have the responsibility to use it wisely.

    What do you think?
    Thanks for sharing.
    DInah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Olyvia, and congratulations on participating in Blog Action Day. I can tell that learning about universal human rights had an impact on you. Way to go including the link to the United Nations website so that your readers can learn more.
    Your image also helps tell your story of human rights. Please include the citation, or reference for images that you include in your posts. You can learn more about attribution here http://studentchallenge.edublogs.org/2012/04/02/week-5-adding-images-and-attribution/.
    I look forward to reading your next post. Keep blogging,
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete